The Pros And Cons Of Diabetic Orthotics
If you are a diabetic, you may need to start wearing diabetic orthotics. Orthotics are devices that help correct the way your foot functions and can help relieve pain. There are many different types of orthotics, but if you have diabetes, it is important to wear diabetic orthotics. In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of wearing diabetic orthotics.
Diabetic Orthotics offers a lot of advantages to its patrons. Here are some:
1. Improved Comfort: Diabetic orthotics have cushioned layers which provide improved comfort for diabetics. This cushioning allows for better shock absorption when walking or standing, reducing the risk of foot pain and other complications from diabetes.
2. Improved Balance: By supporting the arch of the foot and providing additional stability to the entire lower body, orthotics can help improve balance and reduce the risk of falls.
3. Reduced Pain: Orthotics can help to reduce pain in the feet, ankles, and legs by providing cushioning and support for weak or painful areas. They also help distribute weight evenly across your entire foot, improving comfort and reducing pressure on vulnerable areas.
4. Improved Gait: Orthotics help to improve your gait by correcting issues such as heel-strike, and overpronation. This can reduce the risk of further diabetes-related complications.
5. Reduced Risk Of Foot Injuries: By providing cushioning and support to the feet, orthotics reduce the risk of developing painful ulcers or other serious foot injuries.
While diabetic orthotics offer many advantages, there are some downsides to consider as well. Here are a few cons associated with wearing diabetic orthotics:
1. Cost: Diabetic orthotics can be expensive, as they are custom-made for each patient.
2. Breakdown Of Materials: Over time, the cushioning and support provided by diabetic orthotics can break down, leading to increased discomfort and a reduced ability to provide relief from pain.
3. Skin Irritation: In some cases, the material of the orthotic can cause skin irritation or even blisters. It is important to discuss any potential issues with your health care provider prior to purchasing a diabetic orthotic.
In conclusion, diabetic orthotics can provide many benefits for diabetics who need additional support and cushioning in their footwear. However, it is important to consider the potential drawbacks carefully and speak with your health care provider before making a decision. By considering the pros and cons of diabetic orthotics, you can make an informed choice that will help keep your feet healthy and comfortable.
We hope this blog post has been helpful in learning more about diabetic orthotics. If you would like to learn more, please contact your health care provider. They will be able to provide further guidance and information on the best type of orthotics for you. Thank you for reading!
Remember, The 3 Arches Of Your Feet Still Need Support!
Maybe you have already felt the first symptoms of balance disorders or you want to prevent them from appearing in the first place. Consider getting a foot orthotic device or simply take care of your feet. Start by washing them thoroughly with a gentle soap whenever you take a shower. Being a very complex support system, your feet are your first line of defense against balance-related issues, since their arches provide you with the stability you need in your daily life. It’s time to put your foot down and push back against balance issues. With both feet on the ground, dedicate yourself to keeping them comfortable and healthy. Give us a call and we will scan your feet to make you custom orthotic inserts.
The Shoe Doctor has specialized in providing custom orthotics for 20 years. The right orthotic insoles can greatly reduce foot, knee and hip pain while increasing performance and comfort. Russell at The Shoe Doctor will help educate and assist you in finding the perfect solution for your particular situation. We will create a 3D map of your feet and make custom orthotics for your hiking boots, everyday shoes, and everything else in between. These orthotics, along with our expert advice, will get you using orthotics like a pro, and have you performing at the peak of your abilities in no time! If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, give The Shoe Doctor a call to get the best custom orthotics in the area! We are here to assist you, schedule your free consultation here!